Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where I am Weak He is Strong

Tonight, as I prepare to head over to a local juvenile detention facility, I am reminded of God's faithfulness, and I am thankful.

Every month, on the fourth Wednesday, I head over to this facility and lead a Bible study for the girls that are there.  No, I don't have a heart for teenage girls, let alone juvenile delinquent girls, but He does.  No, I don't relate to or understand their broken lives, but He does.  No, I don't have a natural gift of knowing what the girls need to hear and then delivering that message in gentleness and love.  I don't have to because He does.

I felt God asking me to serve Him about a year and a half ago.  I didn't know how or where or who, but just that I needed to go.  This opportunity came along, so I took it.  As imperfect as it was for me, I took it. 

I'm so thankful for this imperfect opportunity I have each month.  Each time I go over to this jail, not only are my eyes opened to a whole different world than the one I live in, my eyes and heart are open to Him.  He faithfully meets me there each and every month.  He faithfully give me the words to speak, and the love I need to share with these girls each time.  He faithfully shows me that it isn't about me at all.  It's all about Him.  It's His love, His words, and His passion for these girls.  I'm only asked to be obedient to His call.  He does all the rest.

And then in His goodness He somehow sees fit to bless me.

Teaching Bible Study at a juvenile detention facility has blessed me more than I can explain, and I am thankful.

No comments: