Friday, November 16, 2012

Never Thought I Would Be So Thankful for Needles

This morning I woke up, for the first time in two months, without shoulder pain.  Right around the beginning of September, I hurt my shoulder doing hot yoga.  I have no idea how it happened, or when, I just know I hurt the next day. 

And everyday after that. 

I thought if I gave it some time with no activity, it would heal. 

That never happened.

Yesterday, I mentioned to my acupuncturist that my shoulder had been bothering me for about two months.  With a couple of needles, placed in strategic areas, and some heat, bada-boom bada-bing, I'm all new again!

I'm so thankful that I didn't need to get a cortisol shot like my last "shoulder incident".  Those things are evil.  I'm even more thankful to be pain free, and I'm already thinking about all of the different ways I can re-injure myself things I can do again, all of which I've missed so much.

No comments: