Monday, November 26, 2012

Faithful Father

Today, I sent both of my babies to school with heavy, sad, anxious hearts.  Both had different reasons, however both involved friendships.  My kids are both peacekeepers and people-pleasers.  It's just in their nature.  They want all to be happy around them, even at the expense of themselves.

Knowing they both had issues they needed to face today, we spent some time in prayer the night before.  Prayers for strength and courage. Prayers for changed hearts.  Prayers that somehow, someway, things would be different this time, and prayers that we would be able to visibly see Him at work.

Both kids came home from school yesterday happy.  They both proclaimed that their prayers were answered.  Friendships restored, friendships unaffected, and grace extended.

While the troubles my kids were struggling with were small to me, and in the scope of life, they were big to them.

I'm so thankful for a Father who knows what we need when we need it.  He has no shortage of supply.  Out of His great love for us, He bestows great gifts to us.  Whether our need is big or small, He loves to give, and shows Himself faithful to us and our needs each and everyday. 

I'm so thankful for the way God showed Himself to my kids today.  What a priceless gift!

No comments: