Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of Thanks-Revisited

Last year, I spent the whole month of November blogging about things I was thankful for.  It proved to be much more eye-opening and heart transforming than what I thought it could be.  Turns out, when you think upon those things which are "Excellent and worthy of praise"  peace, trust, and joy fill your heart.  Crazy.

I have carried this with me through out the year, and have looked forward to making a concentrated effort not only to put this into practice again, but to also write about it.  Something about putting things down on paper (or in blog land, whatever) seems to really solidify things in my head as well as connect those learned things to my heart.

All that to say:  "It's BAAACK!"  All month, (God willing) I will be blogging about things in which I am thankful for.  In addition, I have made a small change.  I will also be trying to stretch my creativity by trying to Instagram it as well.  Hey, it worked for me this summer.  What can it hurt?  The kids are participating in "A Month of Thanks" as well.  They are filling out one leaf each night at dinner with one thing they were thankful for for that day. The leaves are then getting strung out garland style.  My hope is at the end of the month, and right before we start Advent season, we can look back at how blessed and loved we are.  With this reflection in mind, we can go into Advent season full and ready to give and love because we have been so abundantly provided for and loved first. 

So with that in mind, we have Day 1:

I am thankful for the bike ride I got to take today.  While on the path I was fully aware of the beauty that God gives us through Autumn.  I tried to soak in as much of the colors and mild weather as I could, knowing it would be over soon.

Later, I hit up the grocery store and I was thankful for not only the abundance of food we have in this country, but the variety. 
At any given time, I can go to this grocery store, either by foot or by car, and pick up anything my heart (and stomach) desires.  I do not have to worry about a shortage, or even if things are in season (as long as I want to pay the price for out of season produce).  It's there waiting for me each day.

How very blessed we are.

No comments: