Monday, November 5, 2012

I Heart Cheeseburgers

This past weekend was glorious.  Not only did we get to set the clocks back an hour (YAY, extra sleep!  BOO, sunset at 4:30), but we were completely without plans.  This meant a lazy Saturday morning, followed by delicious afternoon, and then another lazy evening.  Sunday brought me to The Girl's Sunday School class as a teacher, some church, and then, you guessed it, another lazy afternoon.

It was bliss.


For Saturday's delicious afternoon, I got all crazy and thought it would be fun to try out this burger joint I'd heard whisperings about.  I love a good cheeseburger, yes I do!  However, I have found that I am pretty particular with my cheeseburger choices.  I mean, if I am going to commit to consuming an entire week's worth of calories in one sitting, it better satisfy.   For me, cheeseburger satisfaction equals spicy, gooey, and unique.

So, we hit up Crave, and I knew from the menu I perused before we were sat, that I would be in love.  The burger choices ranged from very plain (typical cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion), to very unusual including burgers that were smeared with peanut butter and jalapenos, burgers with Krispy Kreme doughnuts as the buns, and the one I picked which was topped with fried cream cheese, jalepenos, avocados, and chipotle mayo (it was supposed to taste like a jalepeno popper and a burger collision). 



It was D-E-V-I-N-E. 

The end.

No, I didn't eat the whole thing.  I had to make a choice between the whole burger or part of the burger and some sweet potato fries.

In my world that's a no-brainer.

Can I be super shallow and be thankful for a cheeseburger?

No?  OK, then I will say that I am super thankful to have a family that loves searching for a great cheeseburger.  Seriously.  Both kids just started liking cheeseburgers this year.  I know.  There are no words.  Instead of trying to understand their crazy palates, I will just say, I am thankful for their change of heart and their deep desire to find the best burger.  It's so nice to have partners in crime.

I have no picture for Sunday.  If you are sad about this, just imagine: Me, The Hubs, the kids, my sister, and her boyfriend all in our jammies/cozies.  We are sitting in front of the TV/ laying on the floor/lounging at the kitchen table.  We are doing NOTHING but just enjoying each other's company.

That is something to be thankful for.

No comments: