Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Reflective Thankfulness

Yesterday, the kids' school was in session.  Unlike  all of the other schools in the rest of the state, apparently.  I also subbed all day in the first grade.  At first, I was a little bitter.

OK, I was grumpy.

But then, I remembered how nice it is to have work.  No, it's not a full time or even a part time job, but it's work.  Also, I got to work with The Little Man's teachers.  I was reminded how thankful I am for them.  So nice, so caring, so committed.

The day went rather smoothly, and I was thankful that my prayers for the day, which were prayed in the wee morning hours, were answered. 

Later I got to sit down with this sweetie:
We met up with a friend and her mom. I was thankful for the time this friend and her mom committed to meeting with us to work out some differences that we had recently encountered. I remembered some past relationships that didn't work out in the same way.  I was thankful for the opportunity to work on the relationship, and not give up.

No comments: