Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Snowy Family Weekend

All day, Saturday, the weather was changing.  Cloudy, windy, cold, sunny, rainy, snowy, sunny, windy, and on and on all day.  We saw all of it. The forecast called for a snowy and cold day, so snow, cold, and wind were not too surprising.  The clearing skies and sunshine were welcomed and a fun break.

That evening, however, the skies grew very dark and low again.  As we headed out for an evening with friends, I thought I heard thunder.  That couldn't possibly be right? However, as we drove off into the lightly falling snow, we saw it.  A large lightening bolt.  And then, yup, very loud thunder.  I have heard of "Thunder Snow" before, but I'm not so sure I've been in it before.  It's kind of weird.  But then, it got even more strange.  Hail.  Heavy, pea size, hail.  So it was snowing, hailing, and there was lightening and thunder.  

While this was all very strange to me, I sat there thinking about how awesome and powerful our God is.  Each lightening bolt left me awestruck.  I was so thankful to be a witness to His power and strength.  He makes His own rules and there is no thwarting Him.
Some left over hail mixed with snow.
Tonight, we had the perfect family night.  I'm so thankful for my sweet babies kids who still love to spend time with us.  The Little Man, asked earlier in the day if we could play a game later tonight.  When I told him that this sounded like a fun idea, he kept saying to whomever would listen, "Well, we are having a fun family game night, tonight." We ended up playing Qwirkle and then topping the chilly evening off with breakfast for dinner.


It was DE-LIGHT-FUL. 

I'm so abundantly blessed with these sweet people God has placed in my life that I get to call my family. 

No comments: