Monday, November 19, 2012

Full Circle

When I had The Girl, almost ten years ago, I joined a group called MOPs.  It stands for Mothers Of Pre-schoolers.  The idea behind this group is to create a place where moms can drop off their children, in a childcare environment, and then join other moms who are in the same stage of life.  We would hear speakers share with us about stuff like diffusing sibling rivalry and how to get your home organized.  We would also encourage one another, ask each other questions about mom type things, and just enjoy some conversation without our kids needing our attention.

This organization is also Christ centered, and there was always a Christ-focused topic of conversation.  At the time I joined, I was not a "Christian".  I knew all about God, Jesus, and the whole church thing.  I had even been baptized when I was twelve, by my own choice.  However, in the years that followed, I stopped seeking out God and what he wanted in my life.  I lived my own life and did what I wanted when I wanted.

Then I had this baby.  And she rocked. My. World. 

Many things changed for me, and most importantly, my heart changed.

Through a testimony shared at a MOPs meeting, I met Jesus again.  Somehow, I was able to see Him in a whole new way.  He was different than the Jesus I remembered from Sunday school.  I gave my life over to Him that year, and have never looked back.

Fast forward almost a decade (gulp, I still can't get over that), and Christ has completely transformed my life.  I am a whole new person.  He has blessed me with so much.  One of His most beautiful gifts to me has been photography.  Knowing how much photographs speak to my heart, He has given me this gift to take images of my children, that speak so deeply to my heart, and keep them forever.  And, He lets me do it for other families as well. 

Unbelievable. 

A couple of weeks ago, someone contacted me on my business's Facebook page.  They were from MOPs, and they were wondering if I could speak to a group of teen moms about photography.  They were hoping for something that would help these girls, who could not afford to have custom portraiture taken of their kids/families, take better pictures of their kids.  To be able to capture their own memories of this precious time in their lives.

I didn't even have to think twice about it.

As I drove in to the church's parking lot, I reflected upon this wonderful gift.

First, God drew me to MOPs which renewed my relationship with Him, completely changing my life, and the life of my family.  Then, He gives me this beautiful gift of photography, which blesses me and others so much.  And now, I get the chance to share, with a group of girls, at a MOPs gathering, this gift He has given to me, in the same place He found me.

It's too much for my heart to handle. 

He is the giver of all good and perfect gifts, and His plans for my life are far better than anything I could ever imagine. 

No comments: