Saturday, November 24, 2012

Family

Today, we celebrated Thanksgiving. 

Again.

This time the entire fam headed over to my mom's house to celebrate with my side of the family.

We were the last to arrive, and we walked into a home full of 20 people. 

TWENTY.

We were numbers 21-24.

Holy smokes.

It's no secret that I love a more intimate affair.

However,  how special is it that we have so many family members that choose to spend the day together?  Also, my ninety-five year old grandfather was there.  Ninety-five. 

Aunts, uncles, cousins, and even in-laws altogether. 

Laughing, talking, eating, celebrating, encouraging, and loving.

Today, I'm thankful for my extended family.  I am so thankful that we all keep in touch, and we all get along.  These days, that is rare and precious.

No comments: