Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Little Gift to Myself

Tonight, I made the final decision, and made all the arrangements.  I decided to give myself and The Girl a gift. 

A math Tutor.

I always thought I would wait until I no longer understood what the kids were doing in math before I did the whole tutor thing.  But then, the other night when sister's boyfriend came over, I realized there was no need to wait.

And instantly the stress lifted.

I am breathing easier knowing that I don't have to commit  an hour plus, four nights a week, going through her math work with her.  And, on these two nights per week, I am looking forward to: no tears, less frustration, and most importantly MORE LEARNING.

The Girl is looking forward to getting better grades, more consistently, in math.  Also, she thinks this will cut down the amount of time she spends on homework each night.

It's a win win.

And I am thankful.

No comments: