Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Many Hands Makes the Workload Light

Today, I got an early morning call.  It was the school.  They needed subs in a bad way.  Remembering how refreshed I was the day before, I figured I had some energy to spare. 

However, when I saw the time, I quickly realized I was VERY short on time.  If I was to get ready (hello, hair that hasn't been washed in a few days!), pack lunches, and make breakfasts for everyone, I needed to be up and at 'em about 40 minutes earlier.

That's when I enlisted the help of The Hubs.  Expecting some grumbling, I was surprised to see him jump into action.  He packed lunches, got snacks put together, everyone had water bottles, and breakfast.  We can't forget breakfast!  Not sure if we all got our teeth brushed, but we did have our hair brushed, and I had mints in my purse (I did brush my teeth, not sure about the kids, though).

Bada boom!  Bada bing!  I was out the door only a few minutes behind, and the kids were right on time. 

All thanks to The Hubs!

Today, I am so grateful for my sweet, hardworking Hubs.  Not only did he totally save my rear end today, he had such a great attitude about helping.  He is such a great example to me for not allowing our circumstances dictate our moods.  He is a selfless servant. 

I am so thankful to call him mine!

No comments: