Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Tired of Talking About Being Sick

The Little Man has been known to have his own preferences when it comes to his wardrobe. We know he likes accessories and all things superhero. He also has a dislike for seams in his socks, and recently come to despise jeans, and we all know that he would prefer to just be naked from the waist down.

He wants to wear cozy's only every day. I know what makes up a pair of cozy bottoms (sweat pants or pajama pants), but I haven't figured out what he means when he tells me he wants to wear a cozy shirt. One would think sweat shirt, but he has yet to put one on. So, I have allowed him to dress himself on days when it doesn't really matter. This has led to large amounts of picking up each and every night, as he empties all his drawers to find the perfect cozy shirt.

Also, you may run into him at Super T totally mismatched.

Although, you may not even notice because his own mother may upstage him while wearing workout gear fresh with sweat, no make-up, and hair that is still wet...and not from a shower.

Since today was a day that it didn't matter what The Little Man wore, I sent him upstairs to get dressed in his favorite cozy's for the day. He came down a short while later.

P: Mom! I am all dressed!
me: (looking in his direction, and noticing he actually matches) Oh! Good job, buddy! You look cozy and ready to go.
P: Ya! I am all ready.
(pause for a quick second)
P: Oh wait! I'm not ready! I forgot to put on my underwear!

As he quickly zipped out of the room, all the hopes I had for him growing out of the no underwear thing, quickly dissipated.

No comments: