Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Well, Hello 21st Century

I finally got Hubs to help me to step into the 21st century. I decided this year would be the year that I leave my paper calendar behind. I was so tired of running into people, and since I didn't have my calendar in front of me, couldn't tell them if I could get together with them at any point in the near future. Heck, without my calendar, I don't even know what I am doing in the next hour. So to say that not having a calendar with me at all times was annoying is a large understatement. Plus, I was leaving a big paper trail everywhere I went with all the post-it's and lists I drug all over town.

Hubs finally caved in and bought me an iPhone!

Since I already work on a Mac and have iCalendar available to me, my life has been made oh-so-easy. I feel liberated, yet organized. I feel like I have my brain back without all the notes and lists. I feel like someone could ask me what I have going on on Friday, and I'll have an answer.

What? You would like to schedule a lunch? Hold on one sec while I put it in my calendar...that is in my phone...which is in my purse...which in on me all the time.

Oh, and guess what? There is this thing called Blue Tooth technology. I can answer my phone from my car WITHOUT DIGGING THROUGH MY PURSE TO FIND THE ACTUAL PHONE. This means I just push this little button thing-y on my steering wheel and then say, "Hello." without having to swerve to miss the car in front of me because I was looking through my purse for the phone. (Not that that has ever happened.)

Guess what? Someone answers me back!

That same someone who called me!

It's amazing.

I'm telling you, the 21st century? It has stuff to offer me.

No comments: