Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Also, I am Buying Stock in Clorox, Paper Towels, and Lysol

Dear Baby Girl,

I am so sorry to see you like this. I cannot for the life of me figure out what has happened. The doctor thinks you might have re-infected yourself here in our home. I feel horrible. I am scrubbing every flat surface and every vertical surface for you (and everyone else who lives under this roof). I am committed to cleaning all door knobs, light switches, your toys, and all faucet fixtures. My cracked hands, that are red and burning because of chemical overload, are a small sacrifice I will make to hopefully ensure you don't have to endure another day like yesterday for hopefully another 9 or so months...

Your stuffed animals, you know Wilbur, Dino, Swirly and Fluffy? they have been given one more reprieve. They fully understand that if you are ill like yesterday again, within this week, they are going to the fire.

Along with your bed.

And pillow.

And anything else that can be removed from your room without damaging the room itself.

I know that this is the type of thing that happens when kids start going to school, and you have to be around all sorts of new germs. I thought about pulling you from school and start homeschooling as soon as you are feeling better. I thought that might be a bit irresponsible.

And drastic.

So you will return to that infestation...um school as soon as your little body is healed.

Your brother misses you greatly, and is praying for you each night.

We hope to have you barf-free very soon.

Love,
Your Mom
(who may or may not have OCD)

No comments: