Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nothing Like Some Sour Milk to Help Your Tummy Feel Better

How many hours do you think a TV can run, in a row, before it burns out? It's been so nice, weather wise, that it is killing me that we are in front of a tube.

For the last six days.

Straight.

I did get the kids out today for some sunshine (and UV rays). They played rocket launch, rock collectors, and some baseball.

The TV really appreciated the break.

I just hope the UV rays kill any little microbes crawling around on their little bodies that isn't supposed to be there.

The doctor said that The Girl should be at the tail end of whatever she has (she said she thought maybe it's Nora Virus). It can last up to seven days. Well, she is using each one of those days up, I guess. I am not even attempting school until at least Monday. I feel horrible for her. One minute she is dying of hunger the next...well...isn't so pretty. I really don't think she has digested one bit of food since Friday of last week. Hubs could tell you better since he has been the main bucket holder.

Ewww.

The doctor did recommend some probiotics to balance her back out again. She actually recommended it for the entire family, especially since we've been exposed to The Girl. The doctor said that she thought that it would be a good idea to stay on them permanently because they do such a good job at fighting off tummy bugs, and all other nastiness that gets into our bodies.


Ewww.

If it gets The Girl better and it keeps us healthy for a while, well then LETS DO IT.

Can I say though, we needed a super pack of the probiotic to get started with since The Girl is so sick, and we've been exposed, that the flavor/consistency/over all palatability (is that even a word?) is HORRIBLE? The lady at the store assured me that the kids would LOVE it. She said, "Do your kids like chocolate or strawberry milk?"

Well, sure they do.

I am not sure why she even asked that, unless she meant strawberry milk that is about one or seven months old.

BLECH.

I tried to get them to chug it.

They looked at me like I was crazy.

So I spoon fed it to them every hour ALL DAY LONG until it was gone.

The Girl has to take it for three days.

She is thrilled.

After that they just eat a chewable vitamin type probiotic.

The lady said the were "very tasty".

I am going to sample one first to see if they are just as "tasty" as the mega pack.

Then I will probably have to think up some sort of trickery to eat the things.

Unfortunately for The Girl, the memory of the past six days is probably all she needs to motivate her to take it.

**Shudder**

No comments: