Monday, January 12, 2009

I Did Say I Needed Some Rest

Well, hello there. So sorry you had to look at that long ugly day I had last week for the last few days. It's been a very busy last few days. I don't think that I would have even slowed down today had there not been some sort of intervention of the viral kind. Don't you know that is how it always goes. If you make yourself too busy/stressed for too long, you get sick. I think I actually held off the sickies with all my running around and telling myself I didn't have time to get full-blown sick.

But it was there.

Since early last week.

Just lingering in the back of my throat, making it sore.

I knew it was coming.

Today, my body told me and my schedule where to go.

It was straight to bed.

It actually felt good despite my head feeling like it was so full I was almost deaf and that my eyes were going to bulge out of their sockets due to all the pressure.

But it still felt good.

To rest, that is.

And now that the party(s) are all done. I will get some rest. No more celebrations, no more gifts, no more shopping (OK some more shopping will happen, but not for gifts, party favors, party food, party decor or anything party related).

What? You want to see how the party went? OK...here are some pics:

The Girl had a VERY girlie Tea Party to celebrate her birthday with friends. It was pink and tulle and lace and delicate and fun. All the girls were invited to wear their most favorite dress. The Girl got a very lovely dress from her Auntie, Uncle, and Cousins at the birthday party the week before that worked perfectly for the party. It was pink, brown, and full of taffeta. Girlie.

Here she is enjoying her tea


The Little Man was the only boy (besides Hubs) allowed. He was also dressed for the occasion.


We had tea and sandwiches, and then went straight for the cake (or cupcakes). The Girl was VERY excited to be able to have the Birthday song sung in her honor (something we forgot to do at the first party!) and to be able to blow out the candles.

Just look at the smile on her face:






Then we all decorated our own tea mugs to take home. Some girls went VERY elaborate, and some took the more clean, straight line approach. It was very fun and no one ruined their beautiful dresses with the permanent markers. At least no one is telling if they did.

The Girl decorating her own mug:


The Little Man and his marker...Notice he is sans the jacket...trying to keep it marker free.


After that, we were a bit ahead of schedule. So I did what I do best in these types of situations (you know, when you have 18 kids looking right at you waiting for some sort of entertainment) I flipped on the tube for some Disney Princess tea party magic. It was the Tea Party Sing-a-long DVD. I think the girls thought it was all part of the plan. There they were singing right along with Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White in their tea party attire.

After we had choir, we settled in for some gift opening. This is when I realized, I could have saved a whole heap of cash and just bought The Girl a few packs of gum and she would have been in heaven.

Seriously.

That was her most favorite gifts.

Gum.

Oh well, if I would have done that I would have missed this moment with The Little Man.

Here he is lapping up all the glory that is involved with being the only boy in a sea of girls:

Literally minutes after the last guest left, we headed to the hills to enjoy some quiet family time with hubby's family at their cabin. It was a much needed retreat from the chaos that was the last month and a half. I fought viciously to keep the sickies at bay until I, at least, got home. Thankfully, I was able to keep the upper hand for a few more days.

I was blessed with this the night we got there:

Gorgeous.

Although I thought I was going to still try to fight through the sickies today and get some clean-up and re-organization accomplished, God gave me another reason to just stay put:

Just in case the pounding head, slight fever, running nose, chills and all over miserableness wasn't enough...

I needed a day in bed anyways.

No comments: