Friday, January 16, 2009

Really?

Poor Girl. I didn't know you could get the tummy bug twice in just a few months.

Crazy.

I thought once you had fought it off you couldn't catch that particular virus again.

I didn't realize that viruses changed so quickly.

At any rate, The Girl missed her first day of school. Can I say, though, she did it right? I mean, Monday is a holiday. So she just made an extended weekend just that much longer. She was devastated about missing Fun Friday. I don't know what she cried harder about, missing school or getting sick.

As with any time someone gets sick, we had a marathon of TV shows and movies today. Earlier this week there were all new episodes of the kids' favorite show, The Backyardigans. OK, OK, I like that show too.

So.

Thankfully, we have a DVR and recorded all the episodes. That came in pretty handy today. There was one episode called Garbage Trek that was about garbage and being garbage collectors. It had the Star Trek theme intertwined in it. After it was all over, it was time for The Little Man to take a nap. He was, of course, apprehensive. Finally, he told me that he, "just can't go to bed right now. My tummy hurts."

I pressed him as to why he thought his tummy hurt. I was looking for answers that were along the lines of a) I think I am hungry, b) I think I need to use the bathroom, or c) I think I am going to throw up. I was not expecting the answer of, "I think I watched too much garbage on TV, and now, now I have a tummy ache because of all that garbage."

Really.

I totally get that watching really disgusting things can make someone feel sick to their stomach. But garbage?

On a cartoon?

It's a bit of a stretch.

Meanwhile, my tummy ached from watching The Girl all morning long...BLECH.

No comments: