Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Guess I Make It Seem Far Too Easy

Not that I think I do more than any other Stay At Home Mom, but I thought I would share with you my day.

6:30 wake
6:40 actually get up and get dressed
6:50 get The Girl out of bed and help her dress for school
7:00 eat breakfast
7:20 help The Little Man get dressed
7:30 do The Girl's hair for school
7:35 pack snack for school
7:40 load car up with kids, backpacks, snacks, and homework
7:50 drop off precious cargo at school
8:00 arrive at gym
8:05 drop off more precious cargo at gym childcare center
8:10 start climbing stairs
8:55 get off stair climber and try to wipe it off the best I can with the silly little wipes they give you which completely underestimate how much I sweat
9:05 pick up precious cargo at gym childcare center
9:06 explain to precious cargo AGAIN why we will not be stopping at the gym's Cafe for a snack
9:10 get loaded in the car for the drive home
9:20 arrive home and get a show on the TV for The Little Man as well as a snack prepared
9:30 jump in the shower
9:45 dry off, make-up, hair, the works
10:30 start putting studio together for client shoot later this afternoon
10:50 stop putting together studio to load precious cargo into the car
11:00 arrive at school, go through car pool lane, pick up more precious cargo from school
11:10 get home, check email
11:15 make lunch
11:30 serve lunch while photo client arrives with children
11:35 start photo session with 1 year old twins
11:37 start sweating profusely while chasing and photographing 1 year old twins
11:40 use cutesy voice, high shrills, fake giggles, and a lot of baby talk to get 1 year old twins' attention
11:45 break up small tiff between The Little Man and friend
11:46 still trying to chase down the twins with my camera
12:00 sit down, grab some lunch with twins and twins' mommy (all of whom I LOVE dearly), feed twins, feed the mommy, break up more tiffs, and help start a movie for the older kids
12:30 try to chase the twins with my camera one more time
12:35 decide we (me and the twins' mommy) are happy with the photos we got
1:00 help twins, twins' brother and sister, and twins' mommy get packed up and loaded into the car
1:05 read to my own children and put them to bed for a quick nap before gymnastics
1:15 pray and bible study. Thank you, Jesus.
2:45 call to make an appointment for The Girl's 6 year check up...ooops, just a little late
3:00 get kids up, dressed, fed a snack, and taken to the potty
3:15 out the door for gymnastics
3:30 arrive at gymnastics, usher each child into their own class
3:33 run out the door and drive to Super T because I just remembered that The Little Man is responsible for snack tomorrow
3:40 answer cell phone. It's Hubs. He wants to know when I am going to Super T next because he would like some butter. Someone is in luck!
3:50 check out at Super T with all the necessities for snack, and Hub's stick of butter
4:00 arrive back at the gym to watch the kid finish up their classes
4:30 head home
4:35 check homework
4:40 start cooking dinner
5:00 while dinner simmers, proof a photo session which is due at the end of the week
5:45 finish cooking dinner, serve it up on plates, call in the fam for some chow
6:00 YUM!
6:15 finish up eating, help The Little Man finish up his dinner
6:20 help Hubs with the rest of the dishes
6:30 clean up kitchen
7:00 clean up photo studio equipment
7:30 grab a dessert with the kids
7:45 send kids upstairs for baths and bed
8:00 read with The Girl
8:15 prayers, kisses, loves, GOODNIGHT!
8:16 Go into my room and change into MY pj's. Try to decide what I am going to blog about. I feel like I was so busy, I didn't take the time I needed to really find the humor, beauty, love, silliness, etc. in the day

After the house is quiet and it's starting to feel like I have a light at the end of the tunnel (or day, however you want to look at it), Hubs and I chat. He casually mentions something to the tune of how I had just "coasted through the night".

Coasting.

That sounds just lovely.

I'll have to see if I can squeeze some "coasting" time in tomorrow.

No comments: