Monday, January 26, 2009

Captain's Log: Day 11

The Girl is still sick. She is actually having a good day today, but I have learned not to trust the good days anymore because sooner than we like, the bad ones return. The Doctor had no insight into the situation and just said "it just looks like one strong virus".

I am not going to go into the depths of my feelings about that comment.

Also, I had to collect a stool sample today from The Girl.

It hasn't been the best day.

One true blessing that has held me together during this trying time is a gift a friend gave me for Christmas. This book has given me all the words I need to say while in prayer, and I feel like I have nothing to say or give.

If you ever feel like your prayer life has gotten stale or you are wondering what else is there to say? Run to your local Christian book store RIGHT NOW and get this book. Maybe it's too cold outside? Well, order it up online somewhere. The Morning Adoration will bless your socks off, and it's only the first few pages.

Being in constant communication with my Father is pretty much the glue that has held me together on our Bad Days, and I can't seem to wrap my brain around anything but negativity.

Here's a snip-it for you:

Father God,
"For who you are and what you have done, accept my praise, O Lord:
I will exalt You, my God and King; I will bless your name for ever and ever. Every day I will bless you, and I will praise Your name for ever and ever. Great are You, Lord, and most worthy of praise; Your greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another and shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wonderful works. Many shall speak of the might of Your awesome works, and I will proclaim Your great deeds. I will express the memory of Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. You, O Lord, are gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and great in lovingkindness. You are good to all, and Your tender mercies are over all Your works. (Psalm 145:1-9)

"For who You are and for what You have done, accept my thanks, O Lord:
Blessed are You, O Lord, for you have heard the voice of my prayers. You are my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in You, and I am helped. My heart greatly rejoices, and I will give thanks to You in song.
(Psalm 28:6-7)

"I commit my day to You, O Lord:
O God, I know that all things work together for good to those who love you, to those who have called according to Your purpose. Those you foreknew, You also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of Your Son, that You might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
(Romans 8:28-29)

"I will obey You today and trust You for all my needs:
I will trust in You, Lord, with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge You, and You will make my paths straight.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

"O Lord, guard my heart against the temptations of the world and renew my heart and spirit:
I will be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I will let my requests be made known to you, O God. And Your peace, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.

"Whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and anything worthy of praise, I will let my mind dwell on these things.
(Philippians 4:6-8)

"Lord Jesus, I eagerly await the day when You will come again:
I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to me."
(Romans 8:18)

Good, good stuff.

And that's just a sampling of the Morning Adoration.

There is nothing like being able to pray God's own words.

It's just what this anxious, hurting, frustrated mother's heart needs.

No comments: