Sunday, January 4, 2009

S-I-X!!!

My baby girl is six today! Unbelievably, I have not lost my mind over it. I am blaming it on the whirlwind of activities/events we have had going on as of late distracting me from my normal feelings of sadness that I usually encounter around my children's birthdays. Usually, I can't get over how old they are, and I freak out that all the good years are flying past me at a rate that does not allow me to properly enjoy them. Then I am sad because I feel robbed.

I have to say, it isn't so bad that I am missing this part of the whole birthday process.

It may catch up to me later this week, but until then, I am going to enjoy the celebration.

(If a Mother gushing over her child totally annoys you, you'll want to check out now while I write my Six Year Old a letter).

Baby Girl,

This past year has been amazing! You have grown into quite the young lady. I cannot believe all of the things you have learned, and all of the things you have taught me. I love the girl that you are. You are so caring and compassionate to others. You give yourself 100 percent to your friends, your brother, and your cousins. You are never afraid to meet someone new and love on them. You are wild and funny, and if someone is hurting, sad, or frustrated you take it upon yourself to change their perspective. You love animals and babies, and while I watch you as the caretaker of all God's creatures, I can see your patient tender heart.

You are so special, and God has got such big plans for your life. I can hardly wait to see what is in store for you. Just remember, "Keep moving forward, open up new doors, and try new things." Don't be afraid to make a mistake because that is how we learn. And always ask for help if you need it. I want nothing more than to learn along side of you.

Thank you for loving me and teaching me each and every day,
Mommy

PS Here's your video for the year.

No comments: