Sunday, February 1, 2009

His Love Runs Deep

I won't even try to deny it, our home is a Backyardigans' home. Recently, the flames of the kids' love affair with the show were fanned when four new episodes came out. The Little Man especially, has fallen hard. There were two instances in one morning, that proved this to be a fact.

First Instance:
P: Mommy? When am I going to play laser tag wid my cousins?
me: You get to go at 10:00 this morning.
P: 10:00?
me: Yes, 10:00. That's when you get to play laser tag.
P: But, Momma! I can't go at 10:00! That's when Backyardigans is on!
me: Well, I know that's when Backyardigans is on, but your going to play laser tag. Laser tag is way more fun.
P: But, I'll miss my favorite show!
me: Really? You would rather watch Backyardigans than go play laser tag?
P: Well, can I go play laser tag after my show?
me: No. You can play laser tag OR you can watch Backyardigans. Which one do you choose?
P: (PAUSING TO DEBATE THIS IN HIS SWEET LITTLE HEAD) I guess I'll choose laser tag with my cousins.

Second Instance:
Paxton is in the bathroom washing his hands and singing this song:
"He's got the whole world in His hands. He's got the whole world in His hands. He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got Pablo and Austin and Tasha and Tyrone and Uniqua in his hands...."

He definitely has the WHOLE world in His hands.

No comments: