Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Boy Who Cried Barf

Seems as though, with all the attention going to The Girl during this illness, The Little Man might be looking for someone to look his direction every once in a while. I feel bad for him. He has been a bit neglected.

Last night he resorted to having horrendous behavior with the mind set of, "If they won't pay attention to me while I'm good, then what will they do when I'm bad?"

So he went to bed early and lost some of his most beloved privileges, namely a snack and/or dessert.

It crushed his heart.

It crushed my heart.

I had to go in and hug and snuggle him before he went to sleep thinking that I didn't love him anymore.

Oreos are his love language, and I had not filled his love tank.

This morning he used a different tactic.

Since he had gone to bed somewhat earlier than normal, he woke up quite a bit earlier than normal. Knowing he isn't allowed out of his room until seven, he thought up a way to get our attention quick, and hopefully let him out of his room...and maybe let him watch some early morning TV.

Out of his room he came. "Mommy! Daddy! I think the throw-up is going to come out soon."

Yup, we jumped.

High.

Hubs took him to the bathroom where, after talking with him, he discovered that maybe there was no throw-up that needed to come out. Instead, we just had a little boy who wanted some early morning attention.

They learn fast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you! I am praying that all is better on the Wright front!

Kari said...

I'm so sorry for you! Joel told me all about your plight- yikes! I hope things turn around soon.

I miss you too!