Monday, March 3, 2008

Long Time No See

Tonight when I logged on to blog about some random thoughts, I pulled up the blog and noticed I hadn't been here since WEDNESDAY! What happened? Ya, I don't really know! It was really nice last week, and I guess that's where I've been.

Yesterday was a blizzard....but, hey, that's Colorado right?

I am not the only one that is dying to be outside. My kids are elated to be back out in the fresh air, and Pax asks now everyday "What kind is it outside today, Momma?" Translation: What is the weather like out today? He has learned that even if you see a bright blue sky and even brighter sunshine, you are not guaranteed warmth. So since it was so nice all week, we were outside all week. In fact, on Friday, I declared it against the rules to come inside...except for nap...because we all need one of those after playing our hearts out.



I am happy to say, that with all the outdoor time, Paxton is now extremely close to knowing how to peddle a tricycle. This is HUGE for him. Actually, I have decided that this skill is crucial for him this Spring/Summer. Sister is all done collecting leaves, picking grass, digging in the mud, and organizing rocks. She'll do it, but only for a short time. After that, it's on to the bike, and if Pax wants to keep up, and keep his playmate, he's going to have to learn how to peddle.



It's just that simple.



If you remember, he did get a Diego bike for Christmas. That whole plan....well...it's not really working. It seems as though he is just a bit too short, and just not quite strong enough for the peddles. It also seems as though the other trikes that we have just won't do. Either they are too big or they have a handle on them which makes them "for babies only!"

Thankfully, our Auntie and cousins shared with us a tricycle that they had outgrown, and it is totally saving the day. For the first time ever, Pax is trying to peddle and is having some success. I definitely think by this Summer we will have it down.



That is, unless something stops him.

We also have this motorcycle. Pax got it 2 Christmas's ago from his Auntie and Uncle in Georgia. Pax really likes motorcycles. He also really likes to do things that come EXTREMELY easy for him. Pretty much, if it takes more than moderate effort, you can count him out. The motorcycle has no peddles. You simply scoot around on it. It seems kind of boring to me, but when you add a nice slopped driveway that leads into a quiet cul-de-sac, and you have a really fun time in Pax's world.

It beats learning how to peddle so easily, it isn't even a contest.

This is all he wants to do right now. Racing his motorcycle down the driveway and into the street is pure heaven in my son's mind. He thinks it is more fun and easier to do than learning how to peddle. You ride down the driveway and into the street, and then carry the motorcycle back up the driveway...and do it again.

I can't wait until he figures out that with the trike, you can peddle down even faster, and then you don't have to carry it back up...It's going to be revolutionary to him.

It will rock his little world.

Of course, the pics!

My little rider:






My speed junky


Walking the motorcycle back up the driveway:

No comments: