Friday, March 28, 2008

My Heart Swells with Joy

Today, I had a baby photo session in my home. He was a cute little almost 3 month old, and I thought it would be OK for the session to take place during the morning hours even though the kids were awake and playing. I figured if I put on a movie, they would be distracted enough to do their own thing while I did mine.

Sure enough, once the movie was playing we went our separate ways. Every once in a while Pax or Lanie would pop their heads in to see how the session was going, and Lanie would even ask if I needed an assistant. They were both very well behaved, and I didn't have to leave the session even once to get them to play well with one another or to change their behavior.

It was a proud moment.

What was even better than that happened after everyone left, and I was getting lunch put on the table. As I was working in the kitchen I could hear Delanie telling Pax to be patient as she was "Getting everything set up." Next, she was putting Pax on the couch and posing him. She was directing his every move, and then...She was taking his picture!

They were playing photographer!

Delanie was a bit on the bossy side to her model....I am not sure where she picked that up from.

I am just going to choose to bask in the glory of my daughter....future photographer extraordinaire!

No comments: