Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm Good Until 2018

Weekends are usually reserved for chores in our home. Something about getting everything done on your to-do list all at once feels so gratifying. Then you can leisurely coast until the end of the week, and then do it all over again.

This weekend, Scott decided to work on the roof. We have been praying for a hail storm for about 4 years now, to just take the roof out. No such luck. So we had to resort to doing some maintenance work, and when I say "we" I mean Scott.

I did, however, try to help. He asked me to clean up a pile of old shingles off the drive way and get them into the trash for him. I think I worked on that for approximately 30 seconds. Then I proceeded to step on a roof staple that went THROUGH MY SHOE and into my foot. Of course the staple was about as clean as a 15 year old metal staple can be. It was even cleaner as I pulled it out and it left all the rust behind in my foot. Plus, since it was a staple, as opposed to a nail, I got two puncture wounds for the price of one.

It was a DANDY day!

Scott just looked at me and asked, "When was your last tetanus shot?"

I couldn't remember, and I took that as a sign that it had been too long. So, off to Urgent care I went for a tetanus shot.

I felt like I was about 10 years old.

Here's the kicker: I was just getting ready for my first run, post hamstring injury. So, just a little delay in that.

Thankfully, just a few short days later, I am doing just fine. I even got to run today for the first time in weeks. The only thing that hurts now is my arm.

That too should be a quick recovery.

No comments: