Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Empty

I took full advantage of the beautiful weather today and went running outdoors. I can't get enough of the fresh air filling my lungs. I also can't get over how much harder it is to run outside than it is to run on a treadmill. Thankfully, my gracious sister-in-law accompanied me to help encourage me (read pull me) along. I am so happy that she is able to bring herself down to my level (or lack there of) of running so that I can have a partner. It just makes running that much more fun.

Today, while we were running Jeremy Camp's song Empty came on my iPod (yes, we have our iPods on while we run together. That way when we are out of stuff to talk about or we (I) am too winded to speak, we have praise music to fall back on...and sometimes we sing to each other...it's fun).

I digress...

Anyways, as I was running along listening to the words, I couldn't help but think about how this run was also emptying me, and then the truth of the praise music I was listening to was re-filling me.

I love the thought of actually doing something that physically brings me to be running on empty, and then simultaneously being filled back up with truth and love. It just gives me an extra boost, and I can't think of anything better to be filled back up with.

I love how the Lord knows right where to meet us. It's hard to miss a day of running when I have that to look forward to.

Here are the lyrics: (and a link in case you want to hear it )

Empty Me
Jeremy Camp

Holy Fire burn away,
My desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me.
I want more of you and less of me.
Holy Fire burn away,my desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me,
I want more of you and less of me, yeah.

Empty me,
Empty me, yeah,
Fill, won't you fill me,
With you,
With you, yeah.

Holy Fire, burn away,
My desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me.
I want more of you and less of me, yeah.

Empty me,
Empty me, yeah.
Fill, won't you fill me,
With you,
With you,
Empty me now.

Well won't you empty me,
Well won't you empty me now. repeat x2
I want more, I want more, I want more of you, Jesus.
I want more, I want more, oh.

Thank you, Jesus.
Thank you, Jesus, oh yeah,
Thank you, Jesus, yeah.

Holy Fire,
Holy Fire,
Holy Fire,
Holy Fire

No comments: