Tuesday, February 12, 2008

At Least SOMEONE is paying attention

This morning's routine was like every Tuesday morning routine: Scott gets up with Lanie, pops on the news, they eat breakfast, I join in later, Scott heads up to the office, Lanie follows so she can get dressed for school. All the while, the Today show plays in the back ground.

After going up stairs to get Paxton ready to leave, so he could join us on our school drop-off trip, Delanie and I had the following conversation:

Delanie: Mom, do you know that the Atlanta Aquarium has Blue Sharks?
me: Really?
Delanie: Ya, they are the largest fish in the whole world.
me: Wow! That's pretty big.
Delanie: Ya, although 2 of them died last year, 4 of them are still living.
me: (starting to wonder where she is hearing this)Hmmmm...that's interesting?
Delanie: Maybe we should go and see them! There are still 4 of them alive, and they are doing quite well!
me: ummmm....maybe. They live by our Auntie LoLo.
Delanie: REALLY! WOW! I would love to see them. They have thousands of teeth, and can eat millions of phytoplankton every day. Phytoplankton are about the size of your fingernail, you know.
me: Did they talk about this on the news?
Delanie: Ya, Mom, did you see it?

Apparently, not with the same accuracy as my daughter. This would be why she could sell you a Rotisserie Chicken Cooker. It's like owning a walking tape recorder! I should've brought her along to my class this past weekend...I wouldn't have spent so much energy trying to remember every last detail...

No comments: