Monday, February 25, 2008

Surprise, Surprise...

For some reason, I didn't plan very well for today. I knew Lanie and I had Dentist appointments today. I was the one who made the appointment 6 months ago. I also was the one who received the phone call reminder, and threw out the post card reminder. It was me who wrote the appointment on the calendar, and have been staring at that appointment on the calendar for the entire month of February. I didn't forget that we had an appointment today at 10:30. I did, however, forget that I didn't have a sitter planned for Paxton, and that he wasn't just going to come and sit in a stroller because, well, he's two and a half.

It was a slight over look on my part.

Oooops.

So, this morning when I realized what I had done, I decided it was too late to do anything about it, and Pax was just going to have to come with. I also decided that I was not packing the stroller. I was going to make an adventure out of it. I would try to interest him in all that was going on with his sister in the chair, and then when I was in the chair, and not able to watch either one of my children, I was going to pray, and also bring the DVD player.

What did we do before portable DVD players?

Seriously.

Can I just say, I am so so so proud of my little Angels. They did so well at the dentist, I was almost slack jawed in pure amazement and joy. The dentist went on and on about how well behaved they were. She said that they must be really smart to understand what all was going on and how to act accordingly. She also said that their good behavior was ,"100% the way they were parented"

She doesn't have kids.

Part of me wanted to take the glory and run. Not just for myself, but for her sake too. I mean, she might feel better to think that children, when parented just right, act like Angels 100% of the time. I felt like it might be my responsibility to leave there with her feeling that security.

Eventually, you know once she took the tools out of my mouth, I fessed up. I told her the truth. They weren't like this all the time, I myself was kind of surprised, and really it isn't all about the parenting skills or lack there of.

My success today was from God and our portable DVD player.

If that isn't a winning combination, I don't know what is.

No comments: