Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Love is Like a Rock

Yesterday was the most expensive Valentine's Day I have experienced to-date. Not that I usually get lavished upon with gifts on this holiday, but yesterday took the cake.

We spent V-day getting the granite countertops installed in our kitchen! Sorry, I can't post pictures because it wouldn't be right. I can't allow pictures to circulate on the World Wide Web of the kitchen before it is TOTALLY complete...it would be irresponsible and wrong. Just imagine, for right now, a very neutral sandy looking granite. It has a lot of movement (a new term I learned while shopping for granite), and black flecks in it. It also just happens to look 100% better than the original white Formica which had knife cuts, permanent glue forever stuck on it from when the original owner of the house applied wallpaper to the walls, and a very old and tired looking oak beveled edge.

I am sure my kitchen just shudders when it thinks back to the way it used to look.

So we are officially 90% complete in our latest home remodeling project. My goal from here on out is to keep Scott motivated to complete this project 100%. With a tile back splash left, it will be difficult. The bathroom remodel of '06 still gives him nightmares. So I will spend my week coaxing, soothing, and encouraging.

Not too much longer though, although it won't be completely finished until the floors are re-done this summer, and I will feel like I can post a great reveal for all the World Wide Webbies to look at.

I know you all are waiting with bated breath.

No comments: