Sunday, February 10, 2008

Would You Like a Straw to Drink From That Fire Hydrant?

This weekend, I was so fortunate to be able to ship the kids off to grandmas' house (yes, both grandmas took turn watching the kids), so that I could take a photography class that my wonderful husband got for me for Christmas. Since we are so well planned and organized, we had to send the kids to the grandparents because it was also the same weekend that Scott had a gas and oil show.


We are so thankful to have grandparents for our children that not only live close, but also have a VERY active role in our children's lives...THANK YOU!


Ok, so instead of boring you all to tears with all the new info I learned at my Studio Lighting for Portraiture workshop, I will just say that the amount of information combined with the hands-on application of said info was AWESOME! I seriously soaked it up like a sponge, and am still thirsty for more. I cannot wait to get my hands on some lighting equipment and start down this studio pathway.


Let me tell you, Scott is just as thrilled.


If you couldn't hear the sarcasm in that comment, then maybe you aren't familiar with how expensive lighting equipment is.


I digress.


I had such a cool time, and am on cloud nine.


Day one of the workshop consisted of so much info, that I didn't even try to take notes. I just opened my brain as wide as it would go, and hoped it all would fit. Day two was application day. They had 2 models who came in and we got to practice for 6 SOLID HOURS! Like I said, I won't bore you with the info, because frankly, if you aren't a photo nerd like myself, you could go into a coma. I will, however, share some fun photos!


First up, a lovely model who we got to practice soft light on. She really could do no wrong, and made most of us look like photo geniuses, regardless of any talent on our parts...











Lastly, we have Bob. He was AWESOME. I don't photograph men much, so I was intimidated. He had so much character and was so fun, I just kind of forgot about all that. He kind of reminds me of an older Kramer....




What a great time.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE bob. He is so interesting...Those eyebrows are amazing!

They must have overlooked me in the model search this time. I am so sorry you missed that opportunity.

Happy Lighting!

Anonymous said...

LOVE bob too!!!

the pictures are amazing, Mandie! would you do a workshop for me?