Monday, January 21, 2008

Sleep

This post will be all about my little man. We share a common gene, he and I. We both LOVE to sleep and love anything sleep related (see my post about new sheets).

I love that about him.

I love (even though it can be a pain) that he never wants to get out of his jammies. He asks every morning when I am changing his diaper, "Maybe I could keep my jammies on, Momma?" Many times after we come home from running about, he will ask if he can put them back on again. It makes me happy to see him love his jammies and love being cozy and comfy.

He loves to play "Go to sleep"...could there be a better game? I think not. He is always grabbing blankets and pillows and snuggling in. Then he closes his eyes and belts out a fake snore for all to hear. Of course he has to wake up, but he goes right back to sleep again...over and over.

At nap and night time, you know when it's actually time to go to sleep for real, he gets so excited to see his baboo (his beloved blankie), and his Elmo doll. He actually squeals when he first gets in bed and snuggles them close. Then he settles down and spreads out and asks to be tucked just right. Then he will exclaim, "Aaaahhhh, that's parfect", and it's off to snooze land.

His latest bed game happens first thing in the morning. When you go in to get him, (at 8:30...my kind of boy, I tell you) if he is actually awake already, (I'm telling you...this kid can put away the hours in the land of nod) he will quickly hide under his blanket and then giggle wildly. If you play along with him, the laughing will only get more hysterical. Until, finally he pops out from under the covers, grinning from ear to ear, and trying to convince you he's really there, he isn't lost. It takes all I have not to jump into the crib with him and join him for a game of hide the mommy, and then a little snuggle time.

Of course there is a weight limit on the crib, that I most definitely exceed, and it would be kind of uncomfortable with both of us in the crib. I mean, someone is liable to get hurt, and then all the cozy feelings would surley go away.

Maybe when he has a big boy bed?

No comments: