Friday, January 18, 2008

Praise

For those that didn't already know from either my whining, my incessant phone calls out of boredom, or my begging pleas for dinner dates, Scott was out of town for the past seven days. I am so thankful he is back, and this isn't our normal routine.

We always seem to make it through the week, and we usually have a good time. We get to eat all the food Scott doesn't like, go to places he would rather pass on, and have our own agendas (OK, we get to live by MY agenda). It did occur to me while I was running today, that these times, when we are on our own, don't just run smoothly because of anything that I have done. I have a Father, that is watching over us, who is providing all perfect and good things.

Not only does He provide safety for Scott while away, and good health to everyone, but He also provides me with a level of patience and gentleness that I don't normally have. He gives me grace for the times I fall short. He is my shelter and strong tower. My rock. He meets me right where I am, and takes care of all my needs.

Who is like the Lord our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth?
Psalm 113:5-6

I am so thankful.

No comments: