Friday, January 25, 2008

Saddle Up Cow Folks!

Today the fam put on their chaps and boots and moseyed on over the National Western Stock Show. Rest assured, Scott and I dressed in our normal gear, but the kids did dress the part, and they were cute as can be!

We did not see a rodeo, but we did get to see plenty of cows, horses, sheep, goats, roosters, chickens, llama's, and a whole bunch of other types of animals. The kids really had a fun time, as did we, watching them learn and discover new things. Here are some of my favorite moments as well as some pictures:

1. When we first walked into the building, my very olfactory sensitive child, noticed the smell. We weren't even with any animals yet, but she was already bothered by the smell. We were in for a LONG day. She was shocked when I told her that the smell she was smelling, right at that moment, was actually fresh air compared to what we were going to be getting into. She looked at me with a slack jaw and wide eyes.

2. When we went to use the bathroom, the same child announced to all who were using the restroom/washing hands/waiting in line, that this bathroom smelled worse than the cows. Pride...that's what I was feeling...

3. Paxton in his cowboy hat. It was the cutest thing I have seen in a while. I wished he had boots to go along with his get up. He never let go of his hat while it was on his head. I had to pry his little hands off of it when we were putting him in his car seat and while we took his coat on and off.

4. While looking at the cows, one of the cows standing VERY close to us (not even behind a fence) decided it was time to relieve herself. I am not sure what was more funny, Scott jumping like he was scared for his life, or Delanie standing, slack jawed, again, and with wide eyes. Then announcing to all that would hear, "WOW! I have never seen a cow poop before!" That's a lotta poop!"

5. Once we cleared out of that area, we entered an area with sheep. Some were sheared right there on tables in front of us. Delanie again, wide eyed, exclaims "Mommy, I know that that sheep is a boy!"


All very proud moments. I had no idea we were going to get such an education today.

Here are the pics:
Delanie and Pax riding a very large rocking horse:

The kids at the petting zoo feeding some animals:
Delanie's favorite animal of the day:
Checking in on the calves:
My Little Cowboy:
Cowgirl extraordinaire:

No comments: