Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happiness

After the holidays and birthday have come to an end, we have to do our "yearly clean-out/re-org" of the kids' playroom. It is a task that takes almost all day, and it includes sweat, tears, and sometimes blood...OK, it's never included blood, but you get the picture. It isn't an easy job. I am the lucky one who is designated to do the dirty work each and every year. Scott doesn't even attempt to help because he knows his attempts will go nowhere. Since it has been almost 3 weeks since Christmas, and Delanie's birthday almost a week behind us, it was time to stop procrastinating and just get it done.

Can I just say, it is hard for me to get rid of stuff. I mean, these aren't even my toys, and I have a hard time. As I went through the books, I couldn't help but keep books that, even though we don't read, I can remember reading over and over again to my babies. I can't get rid of these books...I love them. As much as I thought "If I read this story one more time, I might go insane", I never did go insane, and I love the book, and I couldn't get rid of it.

Fear not, I did rid the toy room of much junk. I also rearranged it so it is nice and fresh...a whole new place for the kids. It feels good.

The very best thing that happened to the toy room was this sweet, wonderful, ingenious find that I spotted at Target, and convinced Delanie she wanted to use her Target gift card (from her birthday)on. She didn't even hesitate because she is my daughter...and she knows the importance of organization. She agreed we HAD to have it:


Yes, people, it is a Barbie over-the-door organizer. I may be late getting on this bus, but I was thrilled to no end to see this on the shelf at Super T.

As you can see, there is a pocket for each Barbie (enough for 15 Barbies) These pockets are critical for keeping Barbie well kept, hair perfect, and clothing un-wrinkled.


And as you can see here, we have LABELED pockets for clothing and accessories. One for tops, dresses, skirts, pants, swim suits, and one for all the shoes and accessories. This is revolutionary for us. Our previous system allowed for many missing shoes due to trying to find just the right top, and a shoe would unknowingly fling out of the case and into the carpet...lost forever. Not only that, Daddy has NO EXCUSE for not knowing how to help clean up this part of the toy room. None.


What makes me even happier? This wonderful contraption is hanging on the BACK of our playroom door where it isn't visible or taking up any space whatsoever. Also, it is hanging by one set of hooks on the top and another hook on the bottom with an adjustable strap so that it is nice and tight on the door...not swinging around smacking into the wall and flinging all the goods all over the place.

BRILLIANT.

No comments: