Monday, December 3, 2007

The ABC's

One of the biggest reasons I love to run is because I have found it gives me a very focused one on one time with God. A time for prayer and praise, and even though I am running, a time of rest. I am thankful that each day he meets me there.

During my run today, I did an exercise that I learned about at a seminar that I attended at a Women's Retreat a few years ago. It really keeps me focused and the run goes by so fast. Basically, you go through the alphabet and come up with a praise for each letter. I tend to focus on God's character, but I am sure that you could praise just about anything that you are thankful for.

Today, I got seriously stuck on some letters (I hate when I repeat the same words from a time before), but thankfully the music I was listening to and the lessons in my current bible study spurred me on. Thank you Beth More, Chris Tomlin, Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Switchfoot, and Newsboys.

Here are my ABC's:

I Praise you Father because:

you are the Ancient of Days
you are Bigger than anything I need to overcome
my slate is Clean everyday
you are my Deliverer
you are the Everlasting Father
you are my Fortress guarding my heart and spirit
you are so Generous with your love
you are so Holy
you are Immanuel--God with us
You are Just
you are the King of kings
You are the Light of the world
you are Mighty and strong
of Never-ending love, strength, forgiveness, patience, grace
You are Omnipotent
you are Patient with me
you can Quiet my spirit when I am desperate
you are my Rock
you are Strong when/where I am weak
you are Trustworthy
your Unfailing love
you areVictorious
you are Worthy of all praise
your eXcessive(cut me a break...X is hard!) faithfulness
you keep me Yearning for more
you Zealously seek me

That's a lot to be thankful for...

2 comments:

Robin said...

What an awesome list, Mandie! And I love the idea... I might steal it (but for when I'm WALKING)

Christina said...

Mandi~ your faith is inspirring! I love to read your blog and see how God is working in your life. sometimes I think to myself...I wish my walk with the Lord was more like hers. Thanks for the inspiration...I am going to steal your list idea. Thanks~~
Christina