Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Great Cover-Up

Hats are great. They keep us warm, they look cute, and they cover up stuff we don't want people to see. I've been known to throw on a cap every now and then to hide my unwashed hair, un-made up face, or un-waxed eyebrows. I've even worn a few to keep warm and save my ears from frostbite or a chilling wind.

For the past week (at least), Pax has been wearing a Car's (the Disney movie) knit snow hat. He will not take it off. In fact, this morning he told me he couldn't get out of bed until he found his hat. No joke, he would NOT get out of bed.

He wears this thing all day, in his jammies, out in public, while eating his meals and snacks, and in the car. I make him take it off for nap and bed time. Although he has been feeling ultra-cool in his hat, he also has been hiding a serious mop that would've most definitely caused some humiliation (even if only on my part, as his mother).

Today, I took Pax to get his hair cut. I will NEVER get used to the fact that he needs to have his hair cut every 6 weeks. Being a female, having a daughter 1st (and a bald one at that), and growing up with sisters only, I am not used to needing to see a stylist that often. I like the locks long, and cutting them that often does not allow for long locks. I do not like to see long locks on my son, however.

So, we cut that mop off! He is very handsome with his trimmed hair, and for some reason it's only after his hair is cut that I realize how long it was in the first place. I am so pleased to say that after he got major oooo's and aaaaaah's from the hair dresser and I, he decided it was time to lose the hat. I asked him if he thought it would be OK if he kept the hat off so everyone could see how handsome he is. He replied humbly with a "Yup!" It hasn't been on since then!

Maybe, he knew his hair was getting too long?

Now if only there was some sort of Car's knit hat I could put on my car...it's in DIRE need of some TLC. Then there's my kitchen. I wonder at times if I will ever see it clean between all the mail, Christmas ads, school projects, and oh yea, the food. Do you think they make a knit cap big enough for a kitchen? Oh, why stop at the kitchen, I really could, at times, just throw a Car's hat on my whole house.

It is so much cozier with a hat on. I think I know what I want for Christmas!

No comments: