Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our Little Star

Today was a big day in the land of Pre-K. It was the day of the big Christmas Program! Just like picture day, Delanie gets to wear a dress AND tights to school. Top that off with some black patten leather shoes, and you've got a very special day. That doesn't even include the fact that she was a star (not of the show, but the kind in the sky)! Of course I brought my camera.

Here's the deal. I think I might be going brain dead. I couldn't for the life of me get a good picture....I know...of all days. Furthermore, I completely forgot that you can not take a video with the camera being held in a vertical orientation. DUHHH! Seriously, people, you have my deepest apologies when you watch these videos. Just tilt your head to the left and enjoy! I think my mind is focused on the fact that tomorrow we leave for a true Polar Express adventure! I know, I know you are dying to know about it...but, I'll have save it for tomorrow because it was a BIG day in the land of Pre-K!

OK, the (ehem) pictures.

Delanie as a star (1 of 3)


Here she is twinkling her little heart out:


Lastly, she is soaking up all the glory as the audience applauds...what a ham!


After the program was over, there were refreshments. Cookies, lemonade, and water were to be enjoyed by all...all except Delanie whose peanut allergy kept her from partaking of the refreshments. I felt so badly for her. She just wanted to be rewarded for a job well done, and be apart of her class...even cookies at home didn't mend her little broken heart. It was really sad. I tried to get a picture of her in her dress and tights in a place where the lighting was a bit better and I could see more than just glowing red eyes. Well, I just got more of the same because she couldn't stop crying long enough to smile. So here she is...

crying over missed cookies:


Paxton on the other hand, well he was happy as could be. He just saw his sister on stage with a big star on her head, and he was fed snacks (brought from home) through out the whole performance.

Pax hamming it up:


Now for some video...again I apologize for any cricks in your neck that come from watching these... (side note, each one of these links will take you out of the blog, you will have to use your back button to come back and see the rest)



Delanie as the Star



Delanie spreading some Christmas cheer



Paxton saying prayer at the end of the program

No comments: