Sunday, December 9, 2007

Polar Bound...Picture Palooza!

Well, I am happy to say, that I think Scott and I will be winning the coveted "Parents of the Year Award". Our Polar Express adventure was AMAZING. One that, some may say, is only rivaled by Disney World. The kids had an absolute blast, and so did we, watching them.

We were so blessed that it started to snow right before the train pulled in. Not just any kind of snow, but big, fat, slowly drifting snowflakes. It looked just like the movie. It also made for quite a soggy ride, but we didn't really notice with all the hot cocoa coursing through our veins. Delanie was thrilled that the conductor did actually come around and punch our tickets, and that the guy serving the cocoa was dressed just like the waiters in the movie.

We got to watch it snow the whole way up to the North Pole. After we pulled in, Santa boarded our train and went to each child and presented them with "The First Gift of Christmas". If you know the movie, it was a jingle bell. I am very happy to say that those jingle bells will be put on our Christmas tree this year, and for years to come, as a reminder of this year's special occasion, and are officially retired from ringing. They sure rung their little heart's out the WHOLE way back from the North Pole, and truly deserve retirement.

I will never forget the look on my kids' faces when the train first pulled into the station, along with all the squeals of excitement through out the night. I felt like a kid again living the whole experience through my kids.

Beautiful.

Of course I have pictures, and videos. So sit back and relax, and take in the Polar Express!

Here's the whole fam, waiting on the arrival...Snow is falling! (No, you're not imagining it, Scott CHOSE not to wear his coat).


Picture of the train...through the snow...See how much there was!


The train is arriving. (Yes, it's sideways...again! aaaaarrrgg...apparently I am STILL not thinking)The squealing you hear at the beginning is Delanie. She was so excited she just couldn't contain herself! The squealing at the end is me...I guess I was excited to see my kids so excited hehe.


The train pulled in and people loading.



Delanie all loaded in



Pax all loaded in
(for some reason this ENTIRE trip, my son closed his eyes ON PURPOSE for all his pictures, if you see him with his eyes open, it's a blessing!)



The whole family loaded on the train
(the fogginess is from the camera being so wet from all the snow...thank goodness it's just the point and shoot!) See Lanie holding up her ticket! Pax's eyes are open!


Getting served hot chocolate...sadly there were no song and dance with acrobatic moves, but the fact that no hot chocolate was spilled (by him or my children) does deserve a round of applause.


Delanie checking out her punched ticket


Self portrait with Delanie. I thought it was good until after I uploaded it and noticed my daughter sticking out her tongue at me!




The kids with Santa loving their "First Gift of Christmas"


Pax with his gift


Delanie with her gift


This is what happens after a WONDERFUL Polar Express experience.
Pax crashes out...he just couldn't take anymore...if he only would've stayed that way all night long, but I won't ruin such a cheery blog post with what happened twice later that night.
No nap+lots of sugar+over stimulation too close to bedtime=2 night terrors to share with the whole hotel. Poor kid...Thank goodness he's DARN cute. He was easily forgiven by all.

All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend this trip to anyone who has children. It was a very special and a magical Polar Adventure!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i logged in just to see how it went. i have begged lance to take us to no avail. if i'm going to share your mostly-positive experience with him i may have to copy and paste a little, he will need to read a very positive blog in order to possibly persuade him. sounds magical and while i must admit that i'm slightly jealous i am very excited for you and your fun memory!!!!!!!!!1