Tuesday, December 11, 2007

BRRRRR...

It was a cold day today...gloomy, snowy, grey....BLAH. I just wanted to stay in my jammies all day, but Delanie had school which meant I had to get dressed. Thankfully, Scott was also home today which meant Pax didn't have to brave the elements.

My boy loves to be outside. Until recently, he really didn't appreciate the cold weather or snow. I completely understand. Sometimes he forgets that he now finds it fun to play with snow. Thanks to daddy, he can fully appreciate a snowball fight. At first glance though, he was not too excited about the weather this morning.

Pax: (Long deep sigh as he is looking out the sliding glass door)
me: What's wrong dude?
Pax: Mommy...aaaahhhh(another sigh)
me: yes
Pax: Mommy, sometimes it's not Summer out.
me: (a small giggle) Nope, sometimes it's not. It's wintry out.
Pax: Sometimes, mommy, it is Summer!
me: yup!
Pax: (looking back out the window with a scowl on his face)(now a deep growly sigh) but sometimes it's not.

I can completely understand the frustration...He is soooo my son!

Pax: (thinking for a bit then slowly getting a mischievous grin) (with a somewhat growly voice)sometimes I throw snowballs! (now he is giggling) Let's go play outside!

And his Father's son!

No comments: