Monday, December 17, 2007

Seeing the Light

I have been loving watching Delanie grow in her faith these past few months. It seems like lately all that she has had read to her, told to her, prayed over her, etc. is finally being verbalized by her. Here's a snip-it of some of the conversations we're having:

Snip-it 1: Eating Breakfast
Delanie: Momma, you know what?
me: What?
Delanie: Satan and the Devil are the same people.
me: yup, same person different name, huh?
Delanie: Satan will try to get you to do bad things, and make wrong choices. He tells lies to you.
me: Yes, he does. You have to be very careful not to let him trick you.
Delanie: God would never trick me. He doesn't lie either.
me: No He doesn't.

Snip-it 2: Riding in the car
Delanie: You know what, Momma?
me: What?
Delanie: God is always on our side.
me: Yes He is. We are so lucky!
Delanie: God can do anything He wants.
me: Yes, He can.
Delanie: He made everything.
me: Yes, He did.

Snip-it 3: Riding in the car at night, Delanie is playing with a light up Tinker bell button that has run out of batteries.
Delanie: I wish this Tinkerbell pin would work
me: Yea, I think it needs new batteries, but we don't have the right ones.
Delanie: I remember when it used to light up.
me: Not anymore, huh?
Delanie: Nope.
(continues to play with button when all of a sudden she gets a flash out of it)
Delanie: Oh my gosh! Momma!! My button! I can't believe it! My button just worked for a second!
me: It did! Wow!
Delanie: Yea, Momma, I think God just changed the batteries for me!
me: ummmmmmm (giggling) You don't think that maybe the batteries just worked for a second?
Delanie: (ponders the question)uhhhhmmm I don't know....(gets another little flash) MOMMA!! It happened again! I think God is fixing the batteries in my button! Oh my goodness!! (giggles with joy) God can do anything!

Yes, daughter. Yes, He can.

No comments: