Monday, February 2, 2009

Is She Dramatic or Is There Really This Much Drama?

The good news is that The Girl is better. After making it one whole week without getting sick, I feel like I can officially say she is healthy again. Thank you to everyone who prayed for her (and me). More good news is that she got a VERY cute hair cut. It totally gives her a whole new six year old look. She picked it out and really likes it. I do too.

Unfortunately, there is some bad news. It actually happened on Sunday, but I needed a day to let everything soak in.

Do you remember how much I said I was dreading her losing her teeth? Ya, well, it seemed like that was still a few months away. Even though The Dentist said she should have lost her teeth about a month ago, they still were not even close to being loose enough to fall out.

Enter younger brother.

With a big, solid noggin

Who doesn't really pay too close of attention when he is running around like a wild animal.

In a restaurant.

I know, I know, WHERE WERE HIS PARENTS!!??

That, my friends, is a good question. See, there were a group of kids that had finished their lunches before the group of adults were done having their conversations. So, his parents were otherwise engaged and allowed them to have a little freedom.

Freedom that allowed for him to accidentally smack the back of his head into his sister's mouth and knock out almost FOUR of her front teeth.

After seeing a dentist today, she is toothless, but we were able to save 2 of the teeth for hopefully another six months, and one tooth will be lucky to see March. The last tooth was pretty lucky to see today.

The thought of having all four teeth gone (possibly) in the next six months is enough to make me reach for a brown paper back and inhale...and then exhale....inhale....exhale...

I also freaked out because, besides the blood and pain and swollen PURPLE gums, I had realized that I had not taken her formal six year old pictures yet. You see, if you haven't figured it out yet, I am kind of a sappy, sentimental type. I loved her baby teeth, and I knew this was the last birthday picture with them IN HER FACE.

So I did what every rational, baby tooth loving, picture crazed mother does.

I grabbed my photo gear, tried to make those teeth look like they weren't about to fall out of her head and set up a photo session.

Right then and there.

Well, I did wait for the bleeding to stop.

We couldn't keep any pictures where she has her natural toothy smile. Her smile was too marred, but she did come up with a more subdued grin that I think worked just fine.

Take a look:





OK, this one I had to do some Photoshop work to the teeth. Can you tell?


Besides baby teeth, I am crazy about eyelashes. Thankfully her brother can't knock them off her face...






*swoon* I can't imagine not getting this one LARGE!




OK here's the crazy Girl showing off her teeth (and the fact that she can cross her eyes).


Here's another:


So you can see why we couldn't go with the big toothy smile we are used to from our happy girl, but I think the compromise is good...What do you think?

3 comments:

Meg said...

looks fantastic! you would never know she was screaming & bleeding not long ago!

The Page Family said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!! She is adorable! I so couldn't handle all four teeth gone at one time either! :)

Allison said...

She is so grown up! And gorgeous!

And I have to know where you got that skirt! I have to have one!