Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Organization, Teeth, Running, and Laziness. Do you follow me?

It was a full day, and we didn't even get out of our PJ's.

I love those kind of days.

The Girl has a weird week of school (or lack there of) due to conferences, so no school for her today. The Little Man is feeling a bit under the weather, so I felt it necessary to declare a day of rest.

Which means that the kids got to watch TV, stay in their PJ's, and goof around in the house while I cleaned and organized like mad. I have found that the best time to re-organize and clean is when you don't have it on the calendar to do so. Somehow, you can really get things accomplished and keep yourself motivated to get the job done. Besides cleaning up around the living spaces, we re-organized the playroom. And when I say "we" I mean "I" cleaned up, and the kids helped me decide what went into the garbage.

Mercy.

They actually did a pretty good job of helping. Neither one of them played in the playroom for the rest of the day after that. I think they got their fill. So it remains gloriously picked up and organized even now as I type this, and they are snuggled up in their beds for the night.

The Girl's second tooth fell out today as well. As much as I still hate the fact that her teeth are out, I am glad it finally came out. It was all loose and dangly looking. Loose teeth are nauseating to me. I don't know why. When she ran up to show me that it fell out, I literally let out a smallish scream. It freaked me out for a second, and I was caught off-guard.

I need proper warning when it comes to that kind of thing.

She, of course, was ecstatic. She can hardly wait for the Tooth Fairy to make another visit tonight. She even wrote a note to her. In the note she told the Tooth Fairy that she knew when she came the last time because she could "feel her".

That is some serious bond they have after only one meeting.

After the kids went down for a rest, I got a chance to go out for a run. It was a bit cold, but so good. The sky was bright blue, the sun was shining, and the air was fresh. It just so happens that the Sister-In-Law was able to join me on this run, which aided in the joy that it brought to me. Although I ran my fastest 10k to date, Sister-In-Law was still itching for me to move it a bit faster. She is so far out of my league it isn't even funny.

After returning home and hitting a very warm shower, I decided that my PJ's had served me right all day up to this point, so why change a good thing? Back on they went.

Cozy. So very cozy.

Tomorrow it's back to the real world. No more PJ's, two Valentines parties, errands, the WORKS.

I am so thankful for my un-lazy "Lazy Day".

No comments: