Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Cat is Out

So there has been happy news in my family that I haven't been able to blog (or really talk) about. In the meantime, I have been trying to keep my trap shut by keeping it busy.

Mostly by devouring Girl Scout cookies.

WHY are Samoas so good you CANNOT eat just one and walk away like other cookies?

Seriously, I can easily eat any other cookie, and then walk away after only one. Put a Samoa in front of my face, and before I know it, BAM half the box is gone.

Then I figure, "Why stop there? Seriously, the damage has been done."

Also, at that point, no one likes to see a quitter.

Thankfully, tomorrow is a cardio day.

Where was I?

OH!

Two of my sisters are pregnant!

YIPPEE!!

Can I tell you how much more fun it is to go through this whole time with them while I, myself, am NOT currently pregnant (nor ever will be again) or have a little tiny one to tend to?

It's WAY more fun.

I am far enough removed from the situation that it all seems like so much fun again. Also, knowing that it isn't me, and that it won't ever be me in that same spot again, gives me so much less anxiety and just a bigger sense of happiness and excitement. It's exciting and fun to go through all the emotions again, and then go back to your real world and walk away from all the hard stuff like morning sickness and 24/7 heartburn. Also, when the babies come, I won't be so worn out from my own child crying all night long, that hearing their babies cry will be no biggie.

Did I mention that these babies (if they stay true to their due dates) will only be six weeks apart?

SIX WEEKS.

There will be no shortage of tiny toes, sweet little cheeks, yummy baby smell, or any of that stuff to go around.

And because I am the auntie, when that overflow of the other baby stuff like dirty diapers, spit up, and fussiness is at it's peak, It might be time for me to head on home...to my own kids.

Who have big stinky feet, still don't wipe very well and need help, and scream and holler like you wouldn't believe when they don't get their way.

So I'll probably turn back around to visit the babies instead.

No comments: