Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My New Favorite Thing

It's only happened twice, but I have a new favorite thing.

If the weather cooperates and it is either a Tuesday or a Thursday and Hubs doesn't have any meetings/phone calls and if the moon aligns perfectly with Saturn (OK that last one is just a joke), then Hubs and I get to run together.

I run, he jogs.

I love it.

The first time we went out, he wondered why I only had one ear phone from my iPod in. I told him it was so I could hear him when we talked.

He just looked at me funny.

I should have gotten the clue right then and there. About three fourths of the way through the run, I had both of my ear buds in.

I didn't even bother today.

It doesn't bother me though. He's got his own way of running that makes conversation unnecessary. He pushes me to run harder without saying a word. The way he gives "high fives" to all high branches, stop signs, and any random pole as we go along the way, reminds me that we are having fun. Today, he even chased a flock of rabid Canadian Geese off the path in front of us because he knows my total dislike for all birds.

I didn't have to say a word.

He just saw the wicked look in their eyes, and like a Knight, burst off full speed and fought them off single-handedly.

(They might not have had rabies. But I thought that I saw one had foam around it's beak, and I definitely saw one of them looking for the veins in my neck so he/she could peck it out.)

And even though he totally could, he doesn't gloat when we get home about how he "could have gone so much faster" or "that was just a warm-up run". He just says it was fun to run with me.

Even though he only jogged.

Thanks for the run, Hubs.

No comments: