Monday, February 23, 2009

My Boy

WOW.

Sorry it's been a while. I don't really have an excuse except for that last week went so fast, I didn't even know it was over until it was, well, over. I'm sure there were about 101 different things I could have blogged about but didn't because exhaustion found me so easily each night. At least I left you on a good note.

Although The Girl has been up to some silly antics this past week, which include, but certainly are not limited to, showing off her new "Egg Tooth" (that's her new adult tooth that is growing in and also what a chick/any egg born creature uses to crack open their shells in order to hatch) to anyone who will look, making so many art projects I have no clue where my counter top or kitchen table is, telling me I need to lift more weights because she didn't think I was using the shovel to the utmost of my abilities in the garden, and walking around saying that, "If you want to find a worm, it takes more than just a wish," this post will be devoted to The Little Man.

(That might have been the longest sentence I have ever written.)

((It probably is a run-on, and I can't/don't want to figure out how to fix it. So try to ignore the issue.))

Anyways, The Little Man. He has made me smile this week and here's how:

1. Last night, while he watched his beloved Star Wars, he had out his Light Saber. Since he didn't want anyone to miss out, he went into the toy room and scrounged up sister's Light Saber too. It's very important to have your Light Saber with you at all times when you are watching Star Wars. You never know when some bad guy will jump straight out of the movie and into your living room. Without your Light Saber, you are defenseless in these types of situations. You must be on your guard.

Also, during the fight scenes, you need to practice all of your moves, mimicking the best you can, the moves that the warriors use. Practicing your jabs, dives, and turns as often as possible is what will get you ready if you are ever called to battle.

Lastly, when the battle is over, you must put the Light Saber back into your holster so no one gets hurt, and then wait patiently for the next battle scene.

I love watching him become a little warrior.

2. My Little Singer made me smile this week as I listened to him sing the lyrics of Addison Road's "Hope Now". The first two verses go like this:

"If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of?
When I call out your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I am yours.

I'm not my own,
I've been carried by You
All my life."

To hear my little boy sing with all his heart that he's been carried by God all his life, made me weak in the knees. Does he even realize what he is saying?

All 3 years, 7 months, 11 days, and 16 hours God has carried him through. Oh, how I pray that he will know this truth for the remainder of his years, months, days, and hours he has left on this earth.

3. Today, as I was getting him out of the car, I gave him a helping hand. He hesitated to grab my hand for help. I looked down at him with an expression on my face that conveyed he should grab my hand for some help. He just looked back up at me as if to say, "You don't understand." So, instead of continuing this non-verbal dialogue, I spoke up and said, "Here, let me help you."

He grabbed my hand and said, "Momma, I'm not sure if I should grab your hand. My hand is full of germs."

We both starred at each other again with some non-verbal conversation. I was not saying, "It's fine, let's just go already." and he was not saying, "You don't understand."

After the small pause, which allowed for the non-verbal dialogue, he continued with, "They are full of germs because I was picking my nose and my hands are full of buggers."

Nice.

No comments: