Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jack Sprat Could Eat No Fat...

My kids could not be more opposite than they are than when it comes to their eating habits. With, of course, the exception of dessert, and then they are pretty uniform in wanting anything and everything, and more of it PLEASE. They also have similar tastes in Mac N' Cheese, chicken nuggets, and pizza. Dinner is a whole different story.

I think making one dish, instead of two, would save me a whole lot of time time and effort. The Girl will eat any and all fruits, veggies, salads, pastas, and rices. She will not, however, eat much protein...willingly. Especially if said protein is red meat. The Little Man will eat all protein. Especially if said protein is red meat. For him, he would prefer you skip his plate when the veggies and fruit make their rounds. He'll take some pastas or rice, but please, oh please, no potatoes for this little guy. You've never seen someone gag as much as he does when it comes to eating a food that is virtually choke proof. You would have thought you gave the child worms to eat.

As they both sat there and said, almost in unison, "I can't do this anymore. I don't want anymore dinner!" I looked at their plates. The Girl's plate was full of steak. The Little Man's plate had mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.

They would have been in heaven had I asked them to switch plates.

I wouldn't be a good parent if I allowed that to happen.

No, instead I just sat there and watched as they gagged down what remained of their dinners, and thought to myself, "This is a blog-able moment."

Because even though I am on the verge of watching my children throw-up, I am thinking about this blog.

I am all about commitment.

No comments: