Monday, August 11, 2008

I Heart My Hardwoods

Besides totally changing the look and feel of our home, there was another reason to get the new hardwoods. This one I could not stress enough to The Hubby. He was just like, "Ya, OK!" every time I brought it up. The issue would be that of cleanliness.

Hubby didn't want to believe that our carpets were gross even though we vacuumed and had them cleaned. I, on the other hand, knew all too well what lurked beneath the surface, and it was ugly. Sure, they looked all pretty and innocent, fresh after a vacuum, but really they were still hiding stuff down deep.

Yesterday, The Little Man had a tummy bug. It was so wrong on so many levels. For those of you that know me well, you know that this could be a whole post all by itself. For those of you that don't: Hello, my name is Mandie, and I DETEST vomit (at least that's the very short version of it). Through all the nastiness, though, there was a silver lining; I never had to worry about it hitting the carpet and then never getting out all the grossness. Sure, I still had towels down all over the place, but that was for ease of clean up, not for protection sake.

After the mayhem died down, I started cleaning. Guess what? I could use bleach!

All over the place!

Even on the floors!

Not that I needed to though. The Little Man was a champ at hitting the bucket.

I still did it anyway though.

Because I could.

And it made me feel lots better knowing that any trace remnants of yesterday were totally destroyed.

I hope.

Now, my home bears the sweet smell of bleach and Lysol.

So nice and cozy!

If you aren't feeling the sweetness of that smell, well, you should have been here yesterday...not so sweet or cozy.

No comments: