Sunday, August 17, 2008

Also, I am Exhausted From Staying Up Late with Michael Phelps

If I would just try to keep up with this blog, I wouldn't have to do so many catch up posts. Unfortunately, that's not the way life happens. I am trying really hard to just go with the flow more these days, and not be so rigid, living life by too many rules. Thankfully, I love writing this blog, and so I actually miss it when it's been a few days.

1. The blog change? So, I wasn't really trying to change the look of my blog. I kind of liked the plainness of it all, but I had been thinking about about a change, and found a free template that I was kind of fond of. I just wanted to try it on though. I didn't want to make a change for real. However, when I went to slip the cute little number on my blog, well, stuff happened. I lost a bunch of stuff and links that I wasn't intending on changing. I tried to get it back, but it was no use. So I figured I would make a change to the new template that I had found.

Not so easy. When I went to put in that template, I came across some errors that I couldn't figure out. Being that it was late already, and I was trying to catch some Olympic action, I decided to go with my third choice (my second choice didn't look as cute on as I thought it looked on the hanger).

I am still not 100% sold on this, but it took too long to recover all the side bar stuff that I lost, so this look will probably stick around for a while.

The font is too small...whatever.

2. The Girl did great for the rest of the week of school. She got to walk in by herself, finally, on the second day, and didn't look back. I, however, cried all three days. I am hoping that next week goes a bit better in the whole "Letting Go" department.

3. I seemed to have caught some sort of yuck. I don't know where from considering I don't know anyone who is or has been sick (with the exception of The Little Man, but this is not of the same variety). I am hoping that I can blast it with some serious sleep that I have been lacking lately for one reason or another.

4. Speaking of missing out on sleep, we had our first slumber party at my sister's house this weekend. Hubby and Brother-in-Law were in a race today called the Muddy Buddy. It's a run/bike/obstacle course that you do with a partner. It looked like a really fun time, and both said they were eager to do it again next year.

Previous to sleeping over, was Brother-in-Law's Birthday Bash. That kept us awake for a bit longer than we usually stay awake, but hey we were trying to be wild and crazy and make it past the eleven o'clock mark. The kids shared an air mattress in the room next door to the room we were sleeping in. They had a blast sharing a bed together. The Little Man was so pumped he just couldn't stop saying thank you over and over again, and The Girl said, "I think we are going to have so much fun in the same room and bed, that we just might roll over and talk to each other until we fall asleep!"

That there is proof that the enjoyment of talking into the wee hours of the morning is born into little girls, and doesn't have to be nurtured. Besides feeling sorry for The Little Man, as I am sure he has other ideas that make for a fun night, I also had a pang of sorrow for her future husband. My Hubby just looked at me like, "My gosh, you have taught her this already!" No words really needed to be spoken between us. I mean, I could go on all night about how cute I thought it was, but Hubby is pretty much over the whole "talking into the wee hours thing" after eight years of marriage.

Back to the Muddy Buddy.

I thought with all the rain we've had the last two days that we wouldn't be able to go because, as much as I wanted to see Hubby crawling through the mud, I didn't want stand freezing and wet with my two little cherubs waiting for him, and hearing over and over about how cold and wet they were. Thankfully, there was a break in the weather, and although it wasn't my ideal 85 degrees, it was nice weather to wait for our racers in.

The Little Man didn't disappoint though. He repeated that he needed to go to the bathroom so many times, that I thought I was going to lose my mind. Don't think I am mean. I just knew Hubby was going to be crossing the finish line within seconds, and I was going to take him as soon as I got pictures of the mess. Finally, I couldn't bare to make him hold it anymore and we walked to find a bathroom. Just as we were turning the corner, Hubby and Brother-in-Law were heading up the straight away. I picked up The Little Man like a sack of potatoes and ran wildly over to the mud pit with my camera out trying to capture them. People must of thought I was a lunatic. Some crazy woman with a child slung over her shoulders, running, camera out in front, screaming "GO DADDY GO!"

Needless to say, I didn't get the best pictures.

Oh, and The Little Man didn't have an accident.

Here are some dirty pictures:

Here they are crossing the last mud pit before the finish line:


Up and out and running to the finish...filthy guys!


A little cleaner after a dip in the reservoir:


There, that somewhat catches us up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great time, thanks for coming out and rooting us on. Next year you better be crawling through that mud.

Jessica said...

that looks super fun! i am 100% with you on nap/quiet time. not optional in our house, on occasion i let the girls have it together (on the days syd can do w/out a nap AND they must actually be quiet!) i don't feel "mean," either, sleep is a necessity and we are all happier when we get plenty of it. ps. yes, it is a uniform and i am super fond of uniforms. see you sun.