Sunday, June 29, 2008

We are Saving Money and Avoiding The Airlines

We are still out of our home due to some home improvements, and are staying with the In-Laws. It has been great and very easy to stay here. The kids love it here and feel like they are on vacation.

Today, while Scott and I did some chores with our church, the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and had a grand time. They visited a Farmer's Market and bought fresh veggies that they picked out. Surprisingly enough, The Little Man actually picked out something green and ate it. He ate three whole pods of peas. The Girl was in heaven, and picked out carrots and asparagus. She would have brought home a little of everything if she had any say in the matter. They also got to go to a nearby park and play their little hearts out.

Since The In-Laws live on a golf course, we took the kids on a golf cart to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa after nap time today. I don't know who had more fun between the two of them. Each one was given the opportunity to "drive" a golf cart while sitting on either Daddy or Grandpa's laps. The Little Man cared nothing for the golf game and just wanted to drive all over the place while he giggled wildly. Each time Grandpa stopped the cart to play, The Girl would hop off and holler, "I did it! I did it! I drove the cart!". So I am going to guess she too was having a blast.

The rest of the golfers were probably just as excited as she was. I am sure of it.

To top off the evening, we got to enjoy some drinks and popcorn on the clubhouse deck. I thought the evening couldn't get any better. The Little Man let us know it had, though. After visiting the facilities at the clubhouse, and while on our way home, he told me that he was a big boy and went potty all by himself. I congratulated him, and told him I was proud. Then he started laughing. I asked him if he was having fun. He commented back, "Mommy, when I go pee pee here, I don't even have to hold my wiener. I can just go wherever I want to on the big wall potty."

See how much fun we are having?

It's like Disney World, but much closer to home.

No comments: