Monday, June 16, 2008

Innate Tendencies

There we were, all getting showered off and re-dressed after spending some quality time at the pool. The Girl was under the shower head, soaking in all the warm water. The Little Man was running around the Family Changing room area buck naked waiting his turn in the shower stall. I was scrounging through my HUGE pool bag, that I apparently over packed, looking for the necessities to get us home. You know, underwear, pants, a missing shoe, and if I could somehow come up with a comb/brush I would've been in heaven.

That's when The Little Man abruptly stopped what he was doing and looked at me with big and VERY serious eyes.

Pax: OH MOMMA!
me:Yes, Pax.
Pax: I think some poo poo is going to come out!
me: OK, let's hurry and see if we can find a potty (and a towel for that matter, as you are buck naked)

Of course the changing area we are in has NO potty. Don't you worry though, the one that does, has a line. Oh ya, and Ma'am you can't bring him into the Ladies Locker Room. Absolutely no children of the opposite sex allowed.

Thankyouverymuch.

So we stand in line for what seems like eternity. Any urge to use the potty is gone at this point, but out of principle we will still go and try to "make things happen".

Finally, it's our turn. I get Pax on the toilet, comfortable, and balanced properly. I stay real close just in case he decides to go for a swim. He lets out a deep sigh.

Pax: Mommy, do you think they might have some books here for me?
me: No, sweetie. I don't think they have books here for you.
Pax: No stories? I need to concentrate. Do you think you could get out of here?
me: (with a little giggle and a bit surprised) No buddy, I don't think I am going to leave you in here all by yourself. I don't think it would be very safe.
Pax: Well, maybe you could go over there (points to the opposite side of the changing room) and then turn around. I need some privacy.
me: (Really surprised) Well, OK...I guess.

As I walked away, he got to business.

Weird bathroom rituals, they start early in life for the male species.

No comments: